Lawrence Arts Center

The Lawrence Arts Center will have two summer youth performances.

The Starlight Theatre in Kansas City, Theatre Lawrence and the Lawrence Arts Center all have an abundance of performances taking place this summer. Here are some of the shows you can look forward to in the coming months.

Starlight Theatre

The Starlight Theatre is performing the Kansas classic: "The Wizard of Oz." The story is about Dorothy’s journey to return home to Kansas. It will be played from June 10 to June 16.

"Cats" is a musical about cats who come together to discuss which cat will be reborn. Showings will start July 9 and end July 14.

Lastly, "A Bronx Tale" is a musical about a man who has to pick between his father or being a mob boss. Catch "A Bronx Tale" near the end of summer break from July 30 to August 4.

Theatre Lawrence

Local shows will also be available all summer in Lawrence. Theatre Lawrence will be showcasing "Mamma Mia!" this summer from June 7 to June 23. "Mamma Mia!" is about a bride-to-be and her journey to find her father, so that he can walk her down the aisle.

Additionally, two junior versions of Disney musicals will be performed. "Aladdin Jr." is about Aladdin falling in love with Princess Jasmine. It will be performed on June 28 and 29. 

"Frozen Jr." is a heartwarming story about two sisters who learn that they love each other. It will be showcased on July 26 to July 28. Both of these shows will be performed by actors ages 10 to 21.

Lawrence Arts Center

The Lawrence Arts Center will have two summer youth performances. Disney’s "Mary Poppins Jr." will be performed by sixth to eighth graders from June 13 through June 16. "Mary Poppins Jr." is a story about a joyous nanny who becomes a big part of three children's lives.

"All in the Timing" will be performed on June 20 to June 22 by eighth to 12th graders. "All in the Timing" is a collection of one-acts that contribute to the story of how Leon Trotsky spent his time before he died with an ax in his head.