Fireworks

Various celebrations are planned to celebrate the Fourth of July this week across Lawrence and Kansas City metro.

Fireworks, barbecues, and red, white and blue. These all scream Fourth of July, but celebrating the holiday can be tricky. Here are some local events taking place in Lawrence and Kansas City.

4th of July Fireworks Celebration 2019 at Burcham Park

The Granada Theater and Ranjbar Orthodontics have partnered to display a fireworks show at Burcham Park in Lawrence. The event starts 5 p.m. and ends at 10 p.m. There will be food and beverages, balloons, face painters, and a kids zone with hula-hoops and inflatables. Dylan Guthrie & The Good Time Guys will perform live music with special guests Cory Phillips, Play Dead and Maria the Mexican. This event is free for all ages. 

$1 Bowling at Royal Crest Lanes

In celebration of the Fourth of July, Royal Crest Lanes will have $1 bowling per game all day long.

4th of July Party 

Tokeback Mountain is releasing their new album with a Fourth of July party at Replay Lounge from 9 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. DJ Cyrus D will also perform

Kim & The Quake 

The Nest on Ninth at The Oread will present live music from Kim & The Quake. The event will take place at The Nest on Ninth from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Admission is $5 per person at the door. There will be a bar and appetizers offered.

KC RiverFest at Berkley Riverfront

There will be a fireworks show in Kansas City, MO from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m.  Nine live performance start at 3:30 p.m. from artists like Rachel Mallin and Jessica Paige. Vendors will sell food and drinks throughout the day. Kids can have fun with a scavenger hunt, activity tents and cornhole tournament. The event is free.

Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Indians at Kauffman Stadium 

For all sports lovers, the Kansas City Royals will celebrate the Fourth of July on July 3 and 4. On July 3, the Royals will play at 7:15 p.m. Two promotional events will take place: Student Night and Armed Forces Night. Students get $8 tickets, and the Armed Forces will be recognized. A fireworks show will occur after the game. On July 4, the Royals will be playing at 12:15 p.m. Pitchers and cup sets will be given out to the first 10,000 fans in attendance.

Overland Park Star Spangled Spectacular

The city of Overland Park will have a fireworks show from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Corporate Woods Office Park. Live performances include State Line Drive and Noe Palma. Food will be available for purchase at the free event. 

4th of July Celebration in the Park

Leawood City Park will have a fireworks show in celebration of the Fourth of July. There will be live music from Mikey Needleman Band and a science show from Mad Science KC. Food vendors and activities will be available to the public. The event is free, but is $5 for an all-access rides and activities band. 

Have a safe and fun Fourth of July!