JOJO

UPDATE: According to Liberty Hall and an announcement on JoJo's Instagram, the Lawrence show has been rescheduled for Friday, May 26, at 8 p.m. 

The platinum-selling pop artist JoJo has canceled her Lawrence concert date scheduled for Friday, March 3 at Liberty Hall. A reschedule date is yet to be announced. The artist had been battling laryngitis during the west coast leg of her 2017 Mad Love Tour.

Any singer's nightmare... not being able to sing. FORCED TO CANCEL 3 MORE SHOWS - MON, 2/27 (SLC) WED, 3/1 (ENGLEWOOD, CO), & FRI 3/3 (LAWRENCE, KS). WE ARE WORKING ON RESCHEDULING. STAY TUNED FOR NEW DATES. I feel soooooo down about taking this time, but know that if I don't right now, it will catch up with me and my chords might never be able to recover. I don't know why this is happening, but it must be for a reason. I cannot thank you enough or express the gratitude I feel to have such a loving and supportive fan base. Such a beautiful community of inclusion and understanding. Being able to reschedule these dates immediately makes me feel a tiny bit better, because I want to see each and every one of you and give you my ALL!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, I'm silent, resting per Dr. Schnitman's orders...and I'm super bored. I'll see you ASAPTUALLY. I love you MADLY. *Refunds are available at point of purchase if needed.

A post shared by JoJo. (@iamjojo) on Feb 25, 2017 at 9:35am PST

The Liberty Hall website confirmed the cancellation. Refunds are being made available at point of purchase, according to the website.

The cancellation comes after the artist was forced to cancel several California concert dates earlier in the week.  The first of which came on Monday, Feb. 20 at the Fremont Theatre in San Luis Obispo, California. 

On Thursday, Feb. 23, the artist wrote on Twitter an apology with a video discussing her regret: "Unfortunately, due to Laryngitis , Santa Ana (Tonight), San Diego, & Scottsdale, AZ performances of the #MadLoveTour are cancelled."

The U.S. tour, which began Wednesday Feb. 15 in Portland, Oregon, and is scheduled to run Wednesday May 3, is a part of the release of her newest album "Mad Love." The album, released Oct. 14, 2016, was her first studio project since 2006's "The High Road." 

"Too Little Too Late," the lead single off "The High Road" reached number three on the Billboard Hot 100. 

— Edited by Paola Alor