Ladybird closing sign on door

Ladybird Diner is one of a handful of Lawrence restaurants indefinitely closing its doors amid growing fear surrounding the spreading novel coronavirus.

Since this comprehensive list began, Douglas County ordered the closure of all restaurants in the county. Restaurants can still have takeout and delivery options but can no longer provide in-dining services until April 1. For more information visit the article posted below.

In the midst of the novel coronavirus, many Lawrence restaurants have closed in an attempt to diminish the spread of the virus through social-distancing. Others have switched to takeout or delivery-only methods. Here are some of the restaurant closings and updates you need to know.

Closed:

Bon Bon and The Burger Stand

Bon Bon and The Burger Stand, which share owners, have decided to close their doors until Sunday, March 29. According to a Facebook post, they plan to monitor local and national information for future decisions.

Ladybird Diner

According to a Facebook post, Ladybird Diner will be closing its doors for the next two weeks following the CDC’s recommendation that people should maintain a 6-foot minimum distance. The diner plans to reevaluate based on health professionals recommendations at the end of this two-week period. Despite its temporary closure, Ladybird Diner will still be offering free sack lunches from 11 a.m. to noon on Monday through Friday this week.

Restaurant, Pub & Games

RPG closed its doors to the public on Monday, March 16. According to a Facebook post, RPG doesn’t have a set date for a reopening as it’s planning to monitor local and national coronavirus coverage in order to make an informed decision.

Henry’s Coffee Shop and UpStairs Bar

Henry’s temporarily closed its doors on Tuesday, March 17 per CDC instructions. According to a Facebook post, they’re hoping to be able to reopen their doors by the end of March.

Merchant’s Pub and Plate 

Merchant’s Pub and Plate announced on March 15 that it will be closing its doors. According to a Facebook post, it has yet to announce a reopening date but hopes to be able to open in two weeks. In addition, the post stated that online ordering could become available in the near future.

Decade

According to an Instagram post, Decade stated that it will temporarily be closed as of March 17. They will be closed at least through March 22. In addition, they're working on plans for some new menus and a new system for take-out orders.

Jefferson's

According to a Facebook post, Jefferson's is taking the county's mandate and is closing until further notice for the protection of its employees and customers.

The Java Break

In order to protect the health of its employees and co-workers, The Java Break announced in a Facebook post that it will be closing until further notice on March 15.

Delivery and takeout only:

Ramen Bowls

According to a Facebook post, Ramen Bowls is not allowing in-house dining but will be offering curbside deliveries, carryout and home deliveries. In addition, the restaurant is giving a free miniature hand sanitizer with every to-go bag and is offering contactless food drop-offs to completely avoid human contact.

La Prima Tazza

La Prima Tazza will only be offering to-go drinks for the foreseeable future. According to a Facebook post, all of its baked goods, napkins, sugar and milk will be kept behind the counter to avoid contamination but are still available upon request. 

Aimee’s Coffeehouse

Aimee’s Coffeehouse was closed on March 16 and 17 to prepare for delivery and curbside pickup services. According to a Facebook post, these services are available on March 18 and will continue until the restaurant’s reopening, which is still to be determined.

Quinton’s Bar and Deli

Quinton’s announced on Tuesday, March 17 that it will be closed for the foreseeable future. According to a Facebook post, Quinton’s is offering curbside pickup and delivery options during its in-house dining closure period.

The Levee Cafe

The Levee Cafe is making a switch to takeout and curbside assistance only in order to limit public interactions. According to a Facebook post, it will remain open for its usual hours but will not be offering in-house dining.

McLain's Market

McLain's announced on March 16 that all order will now be carryout only. According to a Facebook post, it has a walk-up window for takeout orders.

Ondori Noodle

Ondori Noodle has closed its regular dining room for the foreseeable future. According to a Facebook post, it's still offering delivery, takeout and curbside pickup. Customers can also pay from their car but credit card payments are preferred.

Dempsey's Burger Pub

Dempsey's announced its dine-in services are closed for the time being per the Douglas County Public Health Office's recommendations. Delivery and carryout options are still available through its website and EatStreet according to a Facebook post.

Oriental Bistro

Oriental Bistro will be doing carryout and delivery orders only until April 1 for social distancing purposes. According to a Facebook post, it will also be doing curbside pickups.