New Music Mondays UPDATED

New music has dropped from artists including Ed Sheeran, Billie Eilish, Justin Bieber, Lil Nas X, Billy Ray Cyrus, Young Thug and Mason Ramsey.

This week’s New Music Monday features a lot of upbeat music you can dance to, including two of the biggest pop stars of all time and a young country singer who's turning heads.

“You Need To Calm Down” - Taylor Swift

The new single from pop star Taylor Swift is a pride-filled bop released in a time of controversy and advocacy for LGBTQ+ rights. Swift speaks out against homophobic protesters such as the Westboro Baptist Church and tells them to simply calm down. She also released a music video along with it that has a star-studded cast of mostly outspoken LGBTQ+ celebrities and personalities.

This is the second released single off Swift’s upcoming album “Lover.”

"The Best in The World Pack" - Drake

Hip-hop superstar Drake released his first official tracks over the weekend since his 2018 album "Scorpion." The songs celebrate the victory of the Toronto Raptors over the Golden State Warriors in this year's NBA Finals, letting everybody know they're the best in the world. Drake was an active part of the playoffs this year for them, being featured on the sidelines in many of their games and even being told to calm down by the NBA.

The project features Rick Ross who has collaborated with Drake in the past.

“Madame X” - Madonna

Speaking of pop icons, Madonna keeps her legacy going with yet another album, 36 years after her first. More experimental than her last few collections of work, Madonna takes a multicultural and slightly political approach with this one. Featuring big names like Quavo and Swae Lee, her 14th album is sure to be listened to by younger and older audiences alike.

“Doom Days” - Bastille

Six years after their break-out single “Pompeii,” alt-pop group Bastille released their third studio album. Titled “Doom Days,” the album follows a wild night of self-indulgence, as if you’re living through the final days of your life. While upbeat, the lyrics can be grim at times, diving into human nature.

Bastille has proven their songs are perfect hits for the radio, so expect to hear more from them soon.

“Twang” - Mason Ramsey

Mason Ramsey is back with another country single, following the release of his first EP last summer. The song talks about his twang and endless charm, something that has been evident since his entrance into music following his yodeling at Walmart video seen all over social media for weeks early last year. The 12-year-old yodeling star will take the new single with him on his headlining “How’s Your Girl and How’s Your Family?” tour that hits The Granada in October.