Poké Point

Poké Point is a new restaurant on Massachusetts Street.

It took the owners years to create ingredients that would mix well together and create abundant menu options at the restaurant Poké Point. The newest location is right here in Lawrence.

Poké Point, located at 937 Mass. St., serves customizable Hawaiian Poké bowls and burritos. Poké originates from Hawaii meaning “in chunks.” It can also be considered any seafood or meat that is cut into sections and seasoned, according to the restaurant's website.

Poké has become a new trend in California, Florida and New York. District manager and University of Kansas alumna Cyndi Lin felt the Midwest needed more of it.

“As originally a Jayhawk, Lawrence was a perfect location to expand the first Midwest stores, and Mass Street was the perfect spot,” Lin said.

A restaurant that began in Florida, Poké Point has grown to seven stores in Florida, one in Lawrence and an additional store coming soon to the Kansas City, Missouri, area.

Poké Point has proteins, sauces, toppings and bases to create dozens of different bowls and burritos. Prices are based on their protein options: for two types of protein the price is $10.95 and for three it is $12.95. Protein options available at the restaurant include raw salmon, raw or cooked tuna, cooked calamari salad, cooked organic chicken and cooked shrimp.

In hopes of targeting a larger demographic of customers, Poké Point offers vegan, Keto, gluten-free and dairy options to choose from. These options include ingredients like zucchini noodles, spring salad and tofu.

Since opening March 23, residents of Lawrence have been coming in to experience the Hawaiian cuisine and what Poké Point has to offer. Within their first week of opening, Lin said the restaurant has seen a steady stream of customers. New customers come in daily.

“I have had [poké] in New Mexico, so walking on Mass [I've] seen it saying 'coming soon' for so long, so now it’s finally here I thought I’d give it a try,” Lawrence resident and customer Amanda Salas said.

Lin said she hopes to offer something new to Lawrence.

“The purpose of Poké Point is to bring the community quality, healthy and tasty meals, all while providing a new experience,” Lin said.

Poké Point is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day.