From 1990-1999, the television world saw a dramatic increase in television shows. Shows like “Friends,” “Seinfeld,” “Frasier,” “ER,” “Law & Order” and others defined a decade and still influence life today.

The three television series to rewatch were chosen based on availability, critical response and influence in 2017. The following shows have developed legions of fans who still fight for the shows they love years after they have ended.

“Freaks and Geeks”

Lasting just 18 episodes, NBC’s cult classic launched the careers of some of the biggest names in TV and movies including Linda Cardellini, Jason Segel, James Franco and Seth Rogen.

Though just one season long, the show has received universal acclaim from critics, and a cult following that, to this day, voices anger about the show’s abrupt ending. Its depiction of the nobodies of high school resonates with teens and young adults alike 18 years later. The series in its entirety can be streamed on Netflix.

“The X-Files”

lil baby agents

Mulder and Scully in the pilot episode of "The X-Files."

Mulder and Scully. Those two names have been said together since “The X-Files” premiered in 1993 and have been synonymous with the show ever since.

The science-fiction drama created by Chris Carter has amassed over 200 episodes across its run, telling the story of FBI partners, played by Gillian Anderson and David Duchovny, who investigate unsolved cases of paranormal phenomena. Fox Mulder believes in aliens, and Dana Scully does not.

The show, which is now considered a pop culture touchstone, tapped into the public’s mistrust of the government, embraced conspiracy theories and spirituality while also organically turning Mulder and Scully’s platonic friendship into a budding romance. The show has gone on to inspire shows like “Lost,” “Fringe,” “Supernatural,” “Bones” and even “Buffy the Vampire Slayer.” Seasons 1 through 9 can be streamed on Hulu.

“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”

Based on the movie, the show, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, premiered 20 years ago and depicted the life of the titular hero Buffy Summers as she navigated the struggles of high school, and later college, and being the “chosen one” forced to protect her town of Sunnyvale from vampires and demons alike.

The show is listed as one of the best television shows and featured unique episodes like an episode with no words and only music, an episode with no music and only words, an original musical episode and one of the first lesbian relationships on network television. Through its seven seasons, Buffy viewers grew up and learned just as the characters did. The show in its entirety is available to stream on Hulu.