Justin Timberlake

Justin Timberlake attends Variety's Celebratory Brunch for 2017 awards nominees at Cecconi's on Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017 in West Hollywood, Calif. 

It’s almost Valentine’s Day. No season of love is complete without music to put you in the mood. From the sultry, seductive tones of Queen Bey to the hipster acoustics of Father John Misty and Mitski, here are songs from the experts, your friendly Kansan arts and culture staff.

HIGHLIGHTS: 

Can’t Help Falling in Love - Elvis Presley: The smooth voice of Elvis projecting his unbreakable love can spark a special feeling in the hearts of those in love. Singing about how his love is meant to be over a beautiful piano backdrop will set the perfect mood for you and your significant other. - Josh McQuade

Chateau Lobby #4 (in C for Two Virgins) - Father John Misty: Have you ever walked up the side of a mountain to meet your first true love at the peak? If not, that’s the feeling you will get while listening to this song. The horns and strings of the Mariachi band towards the end of the song will make your heart swoon and long for the simplicity of young love. - Sean Jesse

First Love/Late Spring - Mitski: Singer/songwriter Mitski’s song about hopeless devotion is just sad enough to want to fall in love. The longing in her lyrics makes singles grateful that they can avoid heartbreak and lovers long for more this Valentine’s Day season. - Courtney Bierman

Lovely Day - Bill Withers: With his unique harmonization, Bill Withers on repeat can make for any good day with your significant other because, “just one look at you, and I know it’s gonna be a lovely day.” - Sam Valdez

Not a Bad Thing/Pair of Wings - Justin Timberlake: A playful love story at the start, this track off of JT's "The 20/20 Experience" slows down and tugs swiftly at the heart strings. As it transitions to the B-side "Pair of Wings," Timberlake takes the listener through a stripped down, acoustic poem that could quickly bring back those early honeymoon-phase butterflies. - Omar Sanchez

Sensitivity - Ralph Tresvant: This song explores the idea of a woman being unable to find the right person. They are unable to find a man who will listen to them and provide them with an enough affection. Ralph Tresvant came through with an absolute jam here. “Sensitivity” can be used for bumping purposes as well as a song to get you in the mood for a date. - Mylan Jones

Smile More - Syd: Here, Syd is setting the mood for a sensual encounter with her verses. Syd's smooth vocals over the simple percussion and subtle strings provides the perfect background music to an ideal Valentine’s evening with a significant other. - Matthew Harvey

Such Great Heights - Iron & Wine: This soft, romantic song about a love story paints a beautiful picture of the transcendent power of finding the perfect love. - Hannah Coleman

— Edited by Ashley Hocking