Yesterday

"Yesterday" follows the journey of a singer-songwriter named Jack who wakes up from an accident to discover that the world no longer knows who The Beatles are.

This week is a slower week at the theater as things begin to wind up for next week’s blockbusters "Spider-Man: Far From Home" and "Midsommar," right in time for the Fourth of July. Nonetheless, there are some solid movies coming out, and both are worth looking into.

Annabelle Comes Home

The eighth movie in the "Conjuring" universe comes back with a bang after a series of flops in "The Nun" and "The Curse of La Llorona." The story follows the Annabelle doll being locked up by demonologists in a room of unholy artifacts, which she then uses to awaken evil spirits and attack the residents.

While critics aren’t saying it’s amazing, it’s being touted as a solid new entry that plays it safe and does what it needs to do. If you’re looking for one last spook before Midsommar’s disturbing debut next week, Annabelle’s waiting for you.

Yesterday

While not as big a franchise movie such as "Annabelle," "Yesterday" still comes into theaters with a great concept that is sure to be a good time. It follows the journey of a singer-songwriter named Jack who wakes up from an accident to discover that the world no longer knows who The Beatles are. He is then confronted with the decision to take their songs as his own or let them disappear.

The movie is surely going to be charming in every way, despite some pretty big flaws, but if you’re looking for a fun music fantasy, this one's for you.