Stuber

"Stuber" opens Thursday night and stars Dave Bautista and Kumail Nanjiani.

This week in movies is relatively light, as if Hollywood is taking a breather to prepare itself for "The Lion King" and new Tarantino in the coming weeks, following the big start to the month with "Spider-Man: Far From Home" and "Midsommar." Nevertheless, there are new things to see and this week features alligators and one adventurous Uber.

Crawl

Releasing a horror movie the week after Ari Aster is a hard thing to do, and "Crawl" is definitely not the movie to do it. The story follows a girl named Haley (Kaya Scodelario), who disregards evacuation orders to find her missing father (Barry Pepper) in … his house? The two are then trapped by the hurricane that they were warned about and as the house floods, a pack of giant alligators decide they look like a tasty meal to terrorize.

The concept is as silly as it sounds, but if you’re looking for an easy adrenaline rush this weekend, "Crawl" might be worth giving the watch.

Stuber

Dave Bautista is becoming an increasingly busy actor as of late, and "Stuber" is the most recent of his projects to hit the big screen. Collaborating with Kumail Nanjiani, "Stuber" is a buddy cop movie with a modern take through the ride-share service Uber. The plot follows Stu (Nanjiani), who picks up a cop (Bautista) looking for a murderer. The two then go on an adventure together to take down the criminal and maintain that five-star driver rating.

If you’re looking for a silly comedy with two hilarious actors, "Stuber" is the place to be this weekend.