Kanye West 2-18-15

Kanye West, second left, appears with models during the showing of the Kanye West Adidas Fall 2015 collection at Fashion Week on Thursday, Feb. 12, 2015, in New York.

On Feb. 12, Kanye West debuted his highly anticipated clothing collection with Adidas. In November of 2013, West announced he had left his partnership with Nike and joined Adidas. Ever since, music fans and fashion enthusiasts alike have been looking forward to seeing what he would cook up.

The clothing collections’ debut show was held during New York Fashion Week, which was live-streamed in theatres across the world for those unable to attend the show.

The fashion show previewed many pieces for Fall 2015, including jackets, sweatshirts and various types of pants for both men and women. West also premiered a new song from his upcoming album called “Wolves,” which features fellow Chicago emcee Vic Mensa and singer Sia. However, the most anticipated items that were officially revealed were the sneakers.

West is not new to designing sneakers. In the past he’s collaborated with A Bathing Ape, Reebok, Louis Vuitton and most notably, Nike. West’s first sneaker collaboration with Adidas features two silhouettes, the Adidas Yeezy 750 Boost and the Adidas Yeezy Boost Low.

The Yeezy 750 Boost is a high-top sneaker that features an all-suede upper with a zipper on the side and a sole with Adidas’ “Boost” technology. The shoe is extremely minimalistic, which makes sense considering how West has dressed over the past couple of years.

The Boost Low is a low-top with a cloth-like upper and a Boost sole. The shoe can be most easily compared to Nike’s Roshe Run. The release date for the Boost Low is currently unknown.

The Yeezy 750 Boost released in New York on Valentine’s Day, and is scheduled for a worldwide released on Feb. 28. The shoe will be sold for $350. The release was handled via Adidas’ new app, which allowed customers to reserve the sneakers before they picked them up. During the release, West hand delivered the coveted shoes to excited customers.

In an interview with Ryan Seacrest, West said the first release of the Yeezy 750 Boost is limited to 9,000 pairs but it was unclear if he meant 9,000 for only the New York release or if that also included the upcoming worldwide release.

Despite the small quantities, West assures fans that anyone who wants the shoe will eventually get them.

“Just be patient, we’ll make more Yeezys,” West said. “Eventually everybody who wants to get Yeezys will get Yeezys. Adidas has promised me that.”

West also seems to be extremely happy with his new partnership with Adidas.

“I went to Adidas a year and half ago,” West said. “They offered to allow me to make an entire line and give me an office and all these things I wanted to do to create more.”

This is only West’s first collection with Adidas with the promise of future collaborations. It will be interesting to see what West does with all of the creative freedom that Adidas is apparently offering him. This collection is reminiscent of Kanye release of his first album, “The College Dropout,” except rather than music as the form of expression, he’s using clothes.

— Edited by Jordan Fox