Carl Lejuez Headshot

Interim Provost Carl Lejuez announced Tuesday that he is now seeking nominations for the next interim dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.

Interim Provost Carl Lejuez announced Tuesday that he is now seeking nominations for the next interim dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, following an announcement that Interim Dean Clarence Lang will be leaving the University by the end of the year.

β€œIn light of this transition, I am reaching out to you to solicit nominations for an interim dean of the College,” Lejuez said in an email sent to all students, staff and faculty.

Lejuez is looking for tenured faculty to serve over the next academic year, with hopes to announce the next interim dean by the start of April, according to the announcement.

Lang accepted an offer to be the dean of the College of Liberal Arts at Penn State, and will begin his new responsibilities July 1, according to a previous announcement.

β€œI appreciate all Interim Dean Lang has done during his time at KU and wish him good luck in his new role,” Lejuez said.

Lejuez was considering offering the college dean position to Lang permanently in December 2018 via a direct appointment, but Lang declined the offer in January.

Vice Provost of Diversity and Equity Jennifer Hamer will also leave the University after this academic year, but no announcement has been made about the status of that position.

Names for the next interim dean of the college can be submitted through an anonymous feedback form, or by emailing provost@ku.edu. The deadline to submit is March 25 at 5 p.m.