There were many memorable moments from the swimming and diving team's last home meet of the season. Arguably, one of the best moments of the day came from sophomore Chelsie Miller.

“[Miller and I] talked about breaking the pool record [in the 1000-yard freestyle],” said head coach Clark Campbell.

She went on to do just that and more. “She went on to break the school record too,” Campbell added.

The pool record was set just last season by Arkansas swimmer Lauren Jordan, with a time of 9:57.31. The school record was set by Ashley Robinson back in 2007 with a time of 9:53.51. Miller blasted the two records out of the water with a time of 9:51.70.

Campbell explained how both Miller and Alison Moffit, senior, put on fast skins (different suits designed to be as hydrodynamic as possible) in order to get good seed times for conference.

Miller also swam in the 200-yard breaststroke and the 400-yard IM. She placed first in those events as well, swimming a 2:23.71 in the breaststroke and a 4:27.73 in the IM.

“We are all over the map with performance,” Campbell explained. “We have some that are swimming really well and some that are not swimming very well.”

Another swimmer who swam well at the dual was freshman Yulduz Kuchkarova. Kuchkarova edged out teammate Hannah Angell, freshman, for the win in the 200-yard backstroke by .14 of a second. Kuchkarova also won the shorter backstroke race, clocking in a time of 57.60.

The wins from Miller and Kuchkarova weren't the athletes who recorded multiple wins. Sophomore Meredith Brownell won both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events. Kansas won all sixteen events on the day, leading them to their sixth win on the season.

This wasn't easy. “There has been a lot of transition in the last few days getting back to our normal school schedule,” Campbell said. The team has been together every day since the 30th-of December.

That is only the start of the bonding, considering the team goes on the road for the rest of their meets for the season. The next meet for the team is down in Arkansas on the first of February