Trump Election

FILE - In this Tuesday, Nov. 8, 2016 file photo, Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump speaks at a campaign rally in Grand Rapids, Mich.

The 2016 presidential election left political tensions high across the nation and the upcoming inauguration of President-elect Donald Trump has motivated people at all ends of the political spectrum the opportunity to have their voice heard. For those who want to do more than watch the inauguration on Friday, here’s a list of inauguration events happening nearby.

Trump Inauguration Protest

This event is geared toward people in the Kansas City, Mo. area who are upset by Trump’s election.

“This protest is anti-Trump, but it is more than just that,” the protest’s Facebook page says. “It is about sending a clear message on the day of his inauguration that we do not support his presidency.”

The protest will meet in the yard across from Kansas City’s Union Station on Friday at 2 p.m. and will end at City Hall.

Un-Inauguration Event

This event is geared toward those who might be upset by the election, but don’t necessarily want to march, according the event's facebook page. The event will happen at Roeland Park Community Center at 5 p.m. on Friday. There will be food and sign-making for the Women’s March in Kansas City.

Republican Victory Party

For those excited for Trump's inauguration, a victory party is being held on Friday by the Anderson County Republican Party. The party will start at 6 p.m. and will take place at The Kirk House, at 145 W. 4th Ave. in Garnett. The event’s Facebook page advertises food, live music, Republican trivia, cash prizes and the chance to take a selfie with Abraham Lincoln.

Women’s March — Kansas City, Mo.

This event is being held the day after the inauguration, and has made national headlines due to the thousands of people that are planning to go to Washington D.C. to participate. Branches of the march are being held across the country for those who can’t travel that far, but still want to take a stand. The Kansas City branch will begin Saturday at 1 p.m. in Washington Square Park. The march is not limited to women, anyone that wants to support the march is invited.

Women’s March — Topeka, Kan.

Held on the steps of the the Capitol building in Topeka, this branch of the national protest will begin at 1 p.m. on Saturday. Similar to the Kansas City branch, they welcome anyone that advocates for women’s issues and wants to come.

— Edited by Frank Weirich