Men's basketball vs. Oregon

Then-freshman guard Josh Jackson is surrounded by media following Kansas' 74-60 loss to Oregon in the Elite Eight in 2017.

Freshman guard Josh Jackson's court date for traffic citations has been moved, per his attorney Hatem Chahine. 

Jackson has three traffic citations in regard to the Feb. 2 incident: hitting an unattended vehicle, inattentive driving and improper backing. The accident occurred in lot 103, a parking lot on Daisy Hill located west of Self and Oswald residence halls. 

Chahine told the Kansan the continuance is part of the process in working out the case. 

Jackson is set to appear in court again on May 26 at 9 a.m. at Lawrence Municipal Court. 

Jackson was suspended for one game by Kansas coach Bill Self for the incident during the Big 12 tournament. At the time of the suspension, Self said in a Kansas Athletics news release that Jackson didn't tell him about the incident until March 6. 

"He should have left his contact information at the time and notified us immediately," Self said in the release.

Self spoke more about the incident after Jackson's suspension on March 9.

“He feels bad,” Self said. “He feels bad. I'm not trying to minimize anything, but he did, you know, with the mistake, he went and took care of his business and did that stuff. But it was a culmination of things because we had an incident — one other incident before. So, certainly he feels bad and he could have handled it better."

Jackson had another unrelated court appearance earlier in the week.

He pleaded not guilty to a charge of misdemeanor vandalism on Wednesday at Douglas County District Court. Jackson and Chahine said during the arraignment they planned to file for diversion. As of Friday morning, the District Attorney's office told the Kansan it hasn't yet approved the diversion.