Climate Survey

Vice Provost of Diversity and Equity Jennifer Hammer speaks in March, 2017. Hammer will be moving to Penn State University to become the vice provost of faculty affairs-faculty development. 

Interim Provost Carl Lejuez announced Tuesday he is seeking nomination for the next interim vice provost of diversity and equity, following an announcement that current Vice Provost Jennifer Hamer will be leaving the University by the end of the year.

“I’m committed to maintaining momentum in our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts, and I want to seek your nominations for an interim vice provost for Diversity & Equity who will be able to step in after Prof. Hamer departs at the end of the academic year,” Lejuez said in an email sent to all students, faculty and staff.

Lejuez is looking for the names of tenured faculty to serve in the role and hopes to announce a new decision before the end of the semester. Lejuez said administration would work toward a permanent appointee next academic year.

Hamer served as the permanent Vice Provost for Diversity and Equity since May 2017, and will become the vice provost of faculty affairs-faculty development at Penn State University. Lejuez highlighted many of her accomplishments in his April 1 Provost’s Message.

“I appreciate all that Vice Provost Hamer has done during her time at KU and wish her good luck in her new role,” Lejuez said.

Nominations are due by noon Wednesday, April 10, and can be submitted through an anonymous feedback form, or by emailing provost@ku.edu.