A rape was reported in McCarthy Hall, the all-male apartment complex in which the men's basketball team resides, in December, just after the last day of finals.

The University's Office of Public Safety said the incident occurred sometime between 10 p.m. on Dec. 17 and 5 a.m. Dec. 18 in a press release. The victim was not a student and was visiting residents in the building. Along with forcible rape, the report also alleges that a minor was using alcohol and drugs were present, but the victim didn't report any physical injury.

The report also alleges that someone was "contributing to a child's misconduct," a charge related to encouraging a minor to commit a crime, participate in illegal activity or be a runaway, according to the Kansas Legislature website.

The case is currently open and KU Athletics is cooperating with the investigation and assisted investigators, PSO said in a press release. The release also said there is no on-going risk to campus.

According to the Student Housing website, the complex is designated for non-traditional students, upperclassmen, transfer students and those with extensive extracurricular activities.

Nearly all of the members of the Kansas basketball team live in the complex. The team had a game in Kansas City, Missouri, on the night of the Dec. 17.