SAE

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon house is located at 1301 W. Campus Rd. The University's chapter of the fraternity was recently suspended for at least four years.

The University’s chapter of Sigma Alpha Epsilon has been suspended by its national headquarters for at least four years, or until every student who is now a part of it no longer attends the University.

The house was already put on probation in late January for alleged hazing and harm to another person, according to the University’s list of organizations with conduct reports.

"The loss of this group is unfortunate, but suspensions are a critical reminder that adherence to risk management policies and educational programming are crucial to Sigma Alpha Epsilon’s future," said the fraternity's headquarters in a press release. "When incidents take place that fail to do so, they affect the entire organization and counteract the importance of our values."

SAE is one of four chapters to be sanctioned either by the University or their respective national organizations since January.

“We commend and support Sigma Alpha Epsilon headquarters for its decisive actions related to the local chapter," Tammara Durham, vice provost of student affairs, said in a statement sent to the Kansan. "SAE’s response aligns with the University’s commitment to the health and safety of our students.”

The SAE house has been alcohol-free since 2012, after one of its members died in 2009 from alcohol poisoning.

It is unclear what will happen to its house, or its members currently living there at this time.