MSG Legislative Meeting 1

Sneha Verma speaks at a Multicultural Student Government meeting in January. Verma recently resigned from her position as policy and development director in Student Senate. 

Policy & Development Director of Student Senate Sneha Verma officially resigned, Student Senate announced in an email on Monday evening, Nov. 5.

Verma, a junior from Wichita studying economics, held the position since April 25 of this year. Verma is leaving the University to take care of her health, she said.

“The people in Student Senate have supported me in unimaginable ways — at some point I just need to step away and spend some time at home,” Verma said. 

Zach Thomason, the current chief of staff, announced the vacancy within the executive staff to student senators in an email on Monday afternoon.

Currently, the job position is not open to apply, as the information needs to be updated with the Human Resources department at the University. Student Senate Executives intend to send out a link to apply for the position to student senators once that is complete.

“In the meantime, we thought it would be important to send this notification out to provide everyone with time to begin thinking about applying,” Thomason said in an email to senators.

Student Senate executives declined further comment.

This is the second executive officer to resign from Student Senate this year. The previous officer was then-Senate Chief of Staff Daniel Lee, who resigned following an alleged violation of the Student Code of Rights and Responsibilities.