LPD Cruiser (copy) (copy)

The Lawrence Police Department responded to a shooting at Holcom Park on Friday, March 29.

UPDATE, 2:54 P.M. MONDAY: 

The 16-year-old and 18-year-old victims are brothers and Lawrence High School students, according to an email from Julie Boyle, director of communications at Lawrence Public Schools. 

Lawrence High School students will have access to the school's mental health team and the district's crisis support team on Tuesday, April 2, according to the email. 

UPDATE, 11:30 A.M. SATURDAY: Two 17-year-olds have been arrested on charges of aggravated robbery following a reported shooting that took place at Holcom Park and Recreation Center on March 29, according to media release from the Lawrence Police Department on Saturday morning.

The two 17-year-olds, Topeka residents Benson J. Edwards Jr. and Sahavione K. Caraway, were both booked into the Juvenile Detention Center, according to the media release. 

Both victims remain hospitalized, according to the media release. The 16-year-old victim is in stable condition and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening. The 18-year-old victim remains in critical, but stable, condition at this time, according to the media release. 

The investigation is ongoing.

UPDATE, 6 P.M. FRIDAY: The Lawrence Police Department, with assistance from the Kansas Highway Patrol, detained two people of interest in relation to the reported shooting Friday evening at Holcom Park and Recreation Center, according to a media release from police.

Lawrence Douglas County and Medical transported two male victims, ages 16 and 18, to area hospitals. The 18 year-old is currently in critical condition with potentially life-threatening injuries, and the 16 year-old is currently in serious condition, according to the media release.

Witnesses at the scene gave police a description of the vehicle. A vehicle matching the description was located shortly after, police said, and the two individuals in the vehicle were detained for questioning.

Police are not looking for any additional suspects at this time, according to the media release.

ORIGINAL STORY: Lawrence police responded to a reported shooting Friday evening at Holcom Park and Recreation Center, the Lawrence Police Department said. Two people have been transported to area hospitals.

Police were dispatched to 2700 West 27th St. at 3:56 p.m. Officers are working on the scene at this time, police said.

No update is available at this time on the victims’ conditions, police said.

This is a developing story and will be updated with more information.