Professor Reggie Robinson, Interim Vice Chancellor

Reggie Robinson, then the interim vice chancellor for public affairs, speaks to the Kansan about his role in late August. Robinson has been both a professor for and the director of the School of Public Affairs and Administration since July 2014.

Reggie Robinson, vice chancellor for public affairs at the University of Kansas, has been named facilitator for the Kansas Criminal Justice Reform Commission, Governor Laura Kelly announced Tuesday. 

The Kansas Criminal Justice Reform Commission was created during the 2019 legislative session as part of HB 2290. As facilitator, Robinson will not be a member of the Commission. 

“Reggie has an esteemed background that will contribute greatly to this position,” Kelly said in a press release. “Kansas needs comprehensive criminal justice reform and he will be integral to this effort.”

In addition to the facilitator, the governor will appoint one criminal defense attorney or public defender and one member representative of the faith-based community to provide administrative assistance to develop a project plan and assist the Commission.

Robinson previously served as director of the School of Public Affairs and Administration. He also received both his undergraduate and graduate law degrees from the University.