Josh Duggar/AP File photo

In this Aug. 29, 2014, file photo, Josh Duggar, executive director of FRC Action and son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of TLC's show "19 Kids and Counting," speaks in favor the Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act at the Arkansas state Capitol in Little Rock, Ark. Tony Perkins, president of the Washington-based Christian lobbying group, said Thursday, May 21, 2015, that he has accepted Josh's resignation.

Last week, The Kansan asked readers to share their thoughts on Josh Duggar, the son of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting."

Josh recently admitted to molesting young girls, including some of his sisters, when he was a teenager. Some readers took the opportunity to call, text and take to social media with their thoughts. 

• "I think it's terrible. I did love '19 Kids and Counting,' I really did. I loved the family, the mom and dad [...] I'm kinda iffy. I love the family but I don't like what the brother did to his family and his sisters and whoever else he did it to. [...] My prayers go out to the family, and Josh should still have to pay for what he did, and the victims I feel sorry for. I'm a sexual abuse victim also. They must be going through hell right now. [...] Anyway, my heart and my prayers go out to the victims. That's all I have to say." 
  • "Personally, I wish they would get rid of all reality TV shows and go back to the good ol' sitcoms we grew up with."
  • "Somebody approached me tonight and asked me, 'What would I do if Josh was my son and I knew that he did this to all these girls, and some of them are his own sisters?' [...] I told somebody that I would march down to the police station and let the police handle it because I have other children at home that he sexually assaulted. Michelle and Jim Bob come across as Christian, deep down, people, and, you know, God will forgive. Well, wait a minute. God forgives, yes, but you've gotta understand — you have to look at the victims here. Those are his other children. You don't let it go for a year and then all of a sudden take him to the church or whatever they did. What about the daughters who got molested, sexually assaulted, by their own brother? How do you think they feel? [...] I mean, it would break my heart knowing that my own son would sexually abuse other girls and his own sisters. [...] You should go to the church, but first take the kid to the police station. [...] God bless the victims." 
  • "SO glad TLC cancelled the show and didn't just pull it temporarily."
  • "[...] I agree with one of the comments in the article — those girls had to continue living with him... I bet they're OK now (she says sarcastically)..."
  • "This is quite fitting for Josh Duggar"

Thanks for sharing your opinions. What else do you have to say? 

Tweet us @KansanNews, use the hashtag #UDKNews or text us a Free-for-all: 785-289-UDK1 (8351)