Visiting Assistant Professor Eric Welch has been working on archeological excavations in Israel for years. His new passion is bringing KU students along for the ride.

Merrill Evans is the CARE Coordinator at the University and spends her day helping students and providing education about sexual assault.

Landri James, president of the University's First Nations Student Association, has raised money for and visited Standing Rock to support the protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Professor Nicole Hodges Persley lives an especially busy life. In addition to being chair of graduate studies in the Department of Theater, she writes, directs and teaches.

Growing up, Monica Restrepo was always passionate about art. It wasn't until she came to the University that she found interest in textiles. 

After watching older brother Perry Ellis play at Kansas for four years, Brae Ellis, a communications major, has found a home at Kansas to pursue his own dreams. 

Although Tim Schlosser is no longer a coach, he uses past coaching experience in his position as the assistant athletics director of student athlete development and leadership.

Forrest Pierce is an associate professor of music composition who spends his days teaching and challenging himself to find the perfect piece of music. 

Shane “The Hurrishane” Williams went from being a member of the KU basketball band to becoming the lead drummer for country singer Neal McCoy.

Ingrid Stölzel, assistant professor of music composition, has written music all of her life. Originally from Germany, Stölzel moved to the United States 25 years ago and now teaches and inspires students through music.