In keeping with a 95-year-old tradition, the University’s Homecoming week will feature the culmination of all things Jayhawks in the annual parade this Friday.

“The parade is the finishing touch on a great week of KU pride,” Emma Berger, the parade's co-chair, said. “It’s certainly my favorite part of the whole week.”

The parade begins at 11th Street in downtown Lawrence and continues down Massachusetts to 7th Street. This year will feature around 15 floats as well as 45 other entries. Other features of the parade will range from decorated vehicles to high school dance troupes to participants from the Lawrence community.

“The parade used to only happen on campus and only recently has it been moved downtown,” Katie Gerard, the director of Homecoming, said. “I think it’s so much better having it downtown because it’s a great way to get the community involved and show what the University can do for the area.”

Gerard said that, other than the football game itself, the Homecoming parade is one of the more popular events of the week, drawing in locals as well as students.

“We had hundreds come and see the show last year, despite the rain,” Gerard said. “This year’s parade will be just as good with hopefully more people if the weather is good.”

With clear autumn skies in the forecast, Berger and Gerard said they're excited to see the result of their efforts come alive 6 p.m. this Friday on Massachusetts Street.