Campus couple

They’re not high school sweethearts, but they’re not a college couple either.

Sophomores Cameron Arnold and Hannah Wilson, both of Topeka, started dating during the summer before their freshman year.

“We met in Topeka at a Hookah House,” Arnold said.

Arnold got Wilson’s number from a mutual friend and invited her and several others to go out. He then canceled on everyone except Wilson at the last minute.

The two of them went to a cheap movie and went to eat at Red Robin afterward.

The traditional dinner and a movie is a staple in their lives.

“We generally do dinner and watch Netflix,” Wilson said.

The two have seen several movies together, such as “Vanilla Sky,” “Hercules,” “Olympus Has Fallen,” “Ice Man” and “Gravity.”

They aren’t tied to just taking in movies; they have their regular television shows as well. They watch “The Walking Dead,” “Game of Thrones,” “New Girl” and “Viking.”

The couple is holding true to tradition for Valentine’s Day. The two are going out to dinner, going bowling and then going to watch Netflix to celebrate the holiday.

Freshman year

When Arnold and Wilson moved to Lawrence, they ended up on opposite ends of campus. Arnold lived in Templin, while Wilson lived in GSP.

Wilson’s time in GSP was short-lived, as she had a falling out with her roommate and ended up moving to Templin after winter break.

Just a few weeks before Wilson moved to Templin, the two had their first Christmas together.

Arnold said that Christmas was one of his favorite memories of Wilson. He gave her a pearl necklace and she teared up.

“It was also the first time we had said we loved each other, so there was lots of crying,” Arnold said.

Wilson spoke of one of her favorite memories with Arnold like it happened yesterday.

“I had a bad day and was wearing a scrub outfit, laundry day clothes,” Wilson said. “I leaned back and Cameron was looking at me, like looking at me, and he said ‘Hannah, you are the most beautiful girl in the world.’”

Just relationship things

The couple reflected on the best qualities in one another.

“There are so many things I love about Hannah,” Arnold said. “She thinks about me first, her elf ears and her long pretty hair.”

Wilson said she loves Arnold’s laugh and how goofy he is.

They also laughed about the worst qualities that the two have.

Arnold said Wilson was a blanket hog.

“I just curl up in a ball while Cameron takes up the whole entire bed,” Wilson said.

Despite the small things, the two are happy together.

“I’ve learned a lot about myself,” Arnold said.

Wilson said the two fought a lot in the beginning but the relationship has helped her grow as a person.