Women's Volleyball vs Texas Tech

The team celebrates a point during a game against Texas Tech in November 2014.

For Kansas volleyball (9-0), a streak of perfection continues into the last tournament of the season. And that streak — along with the efforts behind it — is starting to garner national attention.

On Monday, Kansas volleyball moved up five spots in the AVCA poll to No. 17. Very few teams around the country in the AVCA Top 25 still have perfect records.

The remaining undefeated teams 
 Rank School Record
 No. 1 Penn State  8-0
 No. 3 Southern California (USC)  10-0
 No. 7 Washington 8-0
 No. 10 Arizona State 8-0
 No. 17 Kansas 9-0
 No. 20 Michigan 9-0

Only two Big 12 teams are ranked this week. Texas, a consistent volleyball powerhouse, is ranked No. 2 in the country, boasting a 7-1 record. Two other Big 12 teams received votes in this weeks poll. Kansas State, who Kansas faces next week, was on the brink of making the top 25 and received 63 votes. Iowa State received 26 votes.

Kansas isn't at the top of the AVCA poll, but it's at the top of one national statistic: As a team, the Jayhawks average 13.97 assists per set. That mark is the best in the country.

Conference foe Kansas State is also on that list, coming in at No. 8 in the country, averaging 13.7 assists per set.

Two of Kansas' players are on national lists as well.

Sophomore setter Ainise Havili isn't just on one of the national statistic leaderboards, she's at the top. She leads the nation in assists per set, averaging 12.31. She and Hannah Tedrow out of Loyola Marymount are the only two players in the country averaging more than 12 assists per set.

Havili also makes a top 20 appearance on the national leaderboard for aces per set. Havili averages 0.52 aces per set, ranking her No. 20 in the country.

Sophomore right side hitter Kelsie Payne is ranked No. 40 in the country for her hitting percentage. Through Sept. 13, she has a .408 hitting percentage. 

What does that mean for the streak? Well, Kansas volleyball is extremely talented and, based on the numbers, it wouldn't surprise anyone for that to continue

— Edited by Derek Skillett