Haley Bishop is phenomenal. Truly phenomenal.

Bishop, a freshman who specializes in the butterfly, has been a shark in the pool over the last four weeks. All she does is win — or place second.

In Bishop's first showing in the Crimson and Blue Intrasquad meet, she was victorious in all four events: the 200-yard medley relay, 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard butterfly and the 200-yard freestyle relay.

The next time out, in Kansas' double dual against Missouri State and Denver, Bishop racked up multiple second place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle, the 200-yard medley relay, the 800-yard freestyle relay, the 200-yard freestyle relay, the 100-yard butterfly and the 400-yard freestyle relay.

At TCU, Bishop continued her streak of stellar swims. Bishop swam in the winning 200-yard medley and 400-yard freestyle relays, and she dominated in both the 200-yard freestyle and the 100-yard butterfly.

And she was recognized for her high-caliber performances. 

On Tuesday, Bishop was tabbed as the female Big 12 Swimmer of the Week by CollegeSwimming.com.

This is the second week in a row that a Jayhawk has earned the honor. Last week, the senior jack-of-all-trades Chelsie Miller was named the female Big 12 Swimmer of the Week. 

More awards for Miller

Senior multi-event swimmer Chelsie Miller was named Female Swimmer of the Week by the Big 12.

Miller, Kansas' only Big 12 champion, is No. 15 nationally in the 400-yard IM after posting time of 4:18.37 in a double dual against Denver and Missouri State. That swim broke the Kansas pool record in the event.

Last week, Miller won the 200-yard butterfly, 200-yard individual medley and 500-yard freestyle in the double dual against Denver and Missouri State and the 200-yard butterfly and 500-yard freestyle against TCU. Miller is the first Jayhawk to be tabbed to the award this season.

Top in the country

One individual Jayhawk, Miller, is ranked in the top 50 in the nation. 

Miller currently sits at No. 17 in the 400-yard individual medley with a time of 4:18.37.

Two relays have earned their spots in the top 50 as well. 

The Kansas team of Bishop, Miller, senior Haley Molden and junior Sammie Schurig is ranked No. 13 in the 800-yard freestyle relay.

The team of Bishop, Molden, junior Yulduz Kuchkarova and senior Bryce Hinde is ranked No. 49 in the country in the 200-yard medley relay. 

Next up

The Jayhawks host former conference foe Nebraska on Friday at 5 p.m.

— Edited by Maddy Mikinski