Men's basketball vs. Purdue

Sophomore forward Carlton Bragg Jr. reacts after drawing a foul in the first half against Purdue on March 23. The Jayhawks defeated the Boilermakers, 98-66, to advance to the Elite Eight.

Carlton Bragg Jr., a sophomore forward, will be transferring out of the Kansas basketball program, per a Kansas Athletics news release.

Bragg had a tumultuous season, averaging 5.2 points and 4.1 rebounds during his sophomore campaign.

“We appreciate Carlton’s efforts the last two years at Kansas,” Self said in the news release. “We certainly respect his decision to pursue other opportunities. We wish him nothing but the very best and hope he is able to reach his dreams and goals.”

Over the course of the year, he was suspended on two separate occasions. 

He was first suspended in December, after he was arrested and charged with battery. The charges were dropped after the Douglas County District Attorney's office reviewed video of the incident. He missed one game during this suspension.

He was suspended for a second time in January after "violating team rules." Previous to the suspension, Bragg was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He is currently serving on diversion and was suspended for three games

“I really enjoyed my time here at Kansas,” Bragg said in the release. “Kansas has the best fans and I do love the program. This past year didn’t go as well as I thought it would and it’s in my best interest to get a fresh start. I want to thank my teammates, coaches and the fans for all their support these past two years. I will always cheer for the Jayhawks.”

Bragg came to Kansas as ESPN's No. 21 recruit in the class of 2015, but his stats didn't match the hype. He averaged 3.8 points and 2.5 rebounds for the Jayhawks in his freshman season. 

Bragg has not yet announced where he will be transferring.