091215_fbc_memphis_carolinefiss.7.jpg

Head coach David Beaty briefly pulls quarterback Deondre Ford aside during his appearance in the Memphis game.

A second quarterback has announced that they're transferring out of the Kansas program.

Redshirt junior Deondre Ford posted a series of tweets late Friday morning that said he was leaving Kansas. 

"First off, I just want to thank the coaches and the players at the University of Kansas for giving me a great opportunity to be a part of something special," Ford said in the post. "Coach Beaty has been a positive influence on my life as well as my development as a quarterback."

Ford had a tumultuous career at Kansas.

He started one game during the 2015 season. In his lone start against Rutgers, Ford filled in for then-junior Montell Cozart who sat out of the game with an illness. After going 6-of-13 for 85 yards passing in the game, Ford injured his thumb, which sidelined him for the entire season. Ford was granted a medical redshirt due to the thumb injury.

Over his Kansas career, he played in two games and completed 11-of-23 passes for 132 yards passing. 

Ford said in his post that he is leaving as a graduate transfer, meaning he can play right away. Ford has two years of eligibility remaining due to that medical redshirt. 

The other quarterback to leave the program this offseason was sophomore Ryan Willis. Willis is walking on at Virginia Tech. Ford has not yet said where he is transferring to. 

The other quarterbacks left on Kansas' roster are redshirt sophomore Carter Stanley, redshirt senior Montell Cozart, sophomore Keaton Perry, freshman Tyriek Starks and incoming junior transfer Peyton Bender. 

— Edited by Omar Sanchez