The Kansas Relays were different this time around for former Kansas sprinter Diamond Dixon.

Dressed in skinny jeans, a white tank top and her United States Olympic Team jacket, Dixon spent her time at a table signing autographs and chatting with fans, rather than sprinting around the track.

The 14-time All-American and Olympic gold medalist acknowledged that not running was different, but didn’t mind the change of pace. Currently, Dixon said she’s in a transition process of moving from collegiate training to professional training.

“I can’t be a professional training with collegiate athletes,” Dixon said. “I need to be with pros and try to get my time down and work hard from there.

“I’m trying to find a coach that’s going to train me strategically and be hard on me with technique and speed, because I know I need it. My college coaches have definitely prepared me mentally and physically. Now I’m ready to take it up a notch.”

Her goals? To be ranked in the top 10 worldwide in the 100, 200 and 400-meter dashes.

Dixon didn’t run the 100 and 200-meter dashes much in college, and that’s something she wishes she could have changed about her collegiate career.

“In my heart I know I have the speed for [the 100 and 200],” Dixon said.

Not only does Dixon want to train as a professional, she’s wanting to transition into the life of a professional—by gaining sponsorships.

“I’m trying to find sponsorships, looking for people to invest in me because I don’t have a contract right now,” Dixon said. “My senior year was not a good year to get contracts and things like that.”

As she moves on to bigger and better things, she’s not too quick to forget her roots.

“I plan on, hopefully, if I’m able to, come back here and do my strength work with Coach (Stanley) Redwine,” Dixon said. “That’s my coach. He’s the one who got me my first medal. I accomplished one of my dreams here. I have no regrets at all. If anything, I’m nothing but grateful.”