MBB vs. Iowa State-28.jpg

Coach Bill Self shows his excitement during the game against Iowa State. The Jayhawks defeated the Cyclones 80-76 on Monday, Jan. 21.

Kansas men's basketball has added much needed perimeter shooting as Iowa graduate transfer guard Isaiah Moss announced his decision to transfer to Kansas Monday.

Moss is a guard from Chicago, averaging 9.2 points in 35 games for the Hawkeyes during the 2018-2019 season. He also shot 42.5% from three-point range this past season.

"We've obviously been looking for shooting throughout this recruiting period and we feel like we have addressed some of those needs with Isaiah's addition," Kansas coach Bill Self said in a Kansas Athletics press release.

Driving the lane to create offense and scoring in transition are strengths in Moss' game. He also has the ability to finish with either hand down low.

Moss originally committed to Arkansas on May 15, but decommitted last week. He made visits to Arkansas and Kansas back to back in April.

Among the other schools that Moss was interested in were Arizona State and Oregon. 

"I'm very excited about him and the opportunities that he will give us to stretch the floor and certainly play with a couple really good big guys," Self said in the release.

Moss' commitment leaves two more scholarships open for the Jayhawks. With recruit Jalen Wilson's commitment announcement on Wednesday, Kansas men's basketball could potentially have a big recruiting week.