The Kansas Jayhawks (28-13) close out their non-conference season Tuesday as they travel to Kansas City, Mo., to take on the Kangaroos of UMKC (12-27). First pitch is scheduled for 5 p.m.

The Jayhawks and the Roos have met 33 times before today's matchup, with Kansas leading the series 31-2. Last time the two teams met was April 24, 2013 with Kansas beating UMKC 4-0.- Over the course of the series, Kansas has shut out UMKC on 19 different occasions.

The UMKC squad is batting .254 on 260 hits, recording 118 RBI. Kansas is batting .302 on 331 hits, recording 177 RBI.

For Kansas, five different players are batting more than 300 this season. Sophomore infielder Chaley Brickey leads the charge with a batting average of .389. Junior utility Maddie Stein isn't far behind, batting .381. The other three batting over .300 are senior outfielder Taylor Hatfield (.339), freshman catcher Harli Ridling (.319) and senior infielder Ashley Newman (.317).

For UMKC, three different players are batting over .300 on the season. Junior pitcher/utility Cinda Ramos is leading the Kangaroos with a .375 batting average. Junior utility Bri Wyatt (.327) and junior utility Marlee Maples (.322) are the other two Kangaroos with that distinction.

Following the mid-week non-conference game with UMKC is a conference home stand. The Jayhawks host Texas Tech the weekend of April 17, with first pitch at Arrocha Ballpark scheduled for 5 p.m.