Five different Jayhawks took home the gold in at least two events to put the Kansas swimming and diving team over Texas Christian University (172-124) and North Dakota (217-79).

The win against TCU was the first time Kansas has defeated a Big 12 opponent in a dual meet since 2012. The last time it happened was when Kansas won against TCU in the Horned Frogs’ inaugural Big 12 season. Chances to defeat conference opponents are rare, since Kansas doesn’t face every conference team in dual meets each season, except TCU and Iowa State.

Junior Chelsie Miller set the pace by winning three individual races: 200-yard butterfly, 500-yard freestyle and 200-yard IM.

“We haven’t had a Big 12 win in a long time, so it was really nice to beat TCU,” Miller said.

“I was really happy,” Miller said. “My 200 fly was a second slower, but for this time of the season that time is pretty good. I was really impressed with my 500 free. I don’t think I’ve ever broken five minutes during the season, especially this early in the season.”

Junior Bryce Hinde, sophomore Graylyn Jones, sophomore Yulya Kuchkarova and junior Haley Molden all won two individual events Saturday.

Hinde touched the wall first in 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke. Jones won both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events. Kuchkarova finished first in both the 100-yard and 200-yard backstroke. Molden took home wins in both the 100-yard and 200-yard freestyle.

“We wanted to make an improvement from last week to this week in a couple of areas and I feel like we were able to do that across the board," Campbell said. "We had a lot of people swim well above where they were last week, which is good and the improvement we wanted to see.”

The Jayhawks won all but three events Saturday.

TCU’s sophomore Julia-Grace Sanders cruised to victory in the 50-yard freestyle. TCU’s freshman Emily Gibson outtouched Kansas’ senior Deanna Marks in the 100-yard butterfly. TCU’s 400-yard freestyle relay of senior Ashley Alspaugh, junior Carley Stevens, junior Sara Brzozowski and sophomore Ashley Dyke took home the gold.

Next up for Kansas is its dual against Illinois. The Illini come to the Robinson Natatorium on Nov. 8 with the first event set to take place at 1 p.m.

— Edited by Ben Carroll