Football vs. Indiana State-4.jpg

Sophomore cornerback Corione Harris lines up against Indiana State. The Jayhawks defeated the Sycamores 24-17 Friday, Aug. 31. Harris was arrested Monday on suspicion of failure to appear. 

Sophomore cornerback Corione Harris was arrested in Missouri Monday morning on suspicion of failure to appear, according to an archived booking log on arrests.org

Harris was given a ticket on March 8 for exceeding the speed limit in Missouri by 16 to 19 miles per hour, according to a Missouri court log. 

Harris had his license suspended on July 29 after failing to appear in court on July 23, according to court filings. A warrant was also issued on July 29 for his arrest. 

An updated inmate list in Platte County, where Harris was arrested, did not show Harris’s name. 

"We are aware of the matter involving our student-athlete and will handle it internally," Dan Beckler, Kansas Athletics associate director for public relations, said in an email to the Kansan.

The sophomore cornerback has played in six games, tallying 14 tackles and two pass breakups. 

Harris, a native of New Orleans, was rated a four-star recruit out of high school and the sixth-best player in the state. 

This story is developing. It will be updated when more information is available.