Jake Scarrow_Badger Invitational

Then-sophomore Jake Scarrow competes in the Badger Invitational. Scarrow, now a senior, finished 6-over-par at the Shoal Creek Invitational in Birmingham, Alabama.

After a strong performance in the fall season, the Kansas men’s golf team prepares to return to the course for the spring semester. Having placed in the top 10 at every tournament in the fall, the Jayhawks are expected to continue their success.

"We had a solid fall, one win in a stroke play event and beat the No. 1-ranked team and defending national champion Oklahoma State in the Big 12 match event," coach Jamie Bermel said in a press release. “We had a lot of positives but a lot of things we can improve on and get ready to do better in the spring."

With a first place finish in Valentine, Nebraska, at The Jackrabbit during the fall season, the Jayhawks showed what they are capable of. The finish marked Bermel’s 11th tournament title with Kansas. A key component in the team’s victory was sophomore Harry Hillier. Finishing in first place as an individual, Hillier became the first Jayhawk since 2017 to secure an individual title.

Graduating Jayhawks Charlie Hillier and Jake Scarrow will be competing in their final season with Kansas. Older brother of Harry, Charlie currently leads the team with 23 career even or under-par rounds. Scarrow played a big role in Kansas’ victory at The Jackrabbit finishing in 11th place.

For the second consecutive season the Jayhawks will kick off their season Feb. 22, at the Desert Intercollegiate in Palm Desert, California. The team finished fifth at the event last year. 

The Jayhawks will also compete in the Desert Mountain Intercollegiate, Hootie at Bulls Bay Intercollegiate, Irish Creek Intercollegiate and Great River Entertainment Invitational in the spring semester. 

—Edited by Justin Hargraves