Jayhawk Jamboree (copy)

Kansas women rowers compete at the Jayhawk Jamboree, the rowing season kick-off event, on October 22, 2017.

After traveling to the east coast for the second straight week, Kansas rowing advanced all five of their boats to the finals on Sunday at the George Mason Invite in Occoquan Reservoir, Virginia.

Placing in four grand finals, the Jayhawks capped off their meet with their First Varsity Eight earning a first-place finish, timing in their 2,000 meters at 6:25.70, three and a half seconds ahead of the competition.

“It was awesome to see [the First Varsity Eight] showcase their hard work and skills in a race setting,” Kansas Coach Carrie Cook-Callen said in a Kansas Athletics release.

The Jayhawks' Second and Third Varsity Eight also took home medals, earning third and second place, respectively. The Third Varsity Eight boat finished with a time of 6:47.70, while the Second Varsity Eight boat crossed the line in 6:52.73.

Kansas also earned a third-place finish in the Varsity Four final at 7:37.50 behind Delaware and St. Joseph’s.

Along with West Virginia, Kansas represented the Big 12 well, coming up against several schools from the Atlantic 10 and Colonial Athletic Association.

“The whole team has continued to make strides and get faster each week,” Cook-Callen said. “We look forward to returning to Kansas and racing at home next weekend to close out a busy month of racing.”

The Jayhawks started their month with the Big 12 Double Dual in Kansas City, before starting two consecutive weeks out of state with the Knecht Cup in Windsor, New Jersey, last weekend and then this past weekend in Virginia.

This Saturday, the Jayhawks will conclude their tumultuous month back in Kansas City with the Sunflower Showdown at Wyandotte County Lake, where they have come on top of Kansas State in three consecutive seasons.

After the team aims to give its seniors a career sweep against their in-state rivals, the season will conclude after a weekend break with the Big 12 Championship on May 12 to 13 in Oak Ridge, Tennessee. That is then followed by the NCAA Championship in Sarasota, Florida, on Memorial Day Weekend.