The 7-4 Kansas swimming and diving team is preparing for its final dual meet before heading into the championship part of its season. Kansas heads up to Iowa State Feb. 7 and 8.

The 6-3 Cyclones have senior Imelda Wistey, one of the premiere breaststrokers in the Big 12. Wistey was given the Big 12 Women's Swimmer of the Week award in January for her efforts in the pool. Wistey holds four records at Iowa State, which were all broken in one meet. Wistey was previously awarded the same honor on Nov. 20.

Wistey isn't the only Cyclone to receive all-conference honors. Sophomore diver Elyse Brouillette was awarded Women's Diver of the Week on Nov. 20 for her efforts on the board.

The Cyclones are excited to host the Jayhawks on their senior day.

“It will definitely be a fun competition because we beat them here two years ago, and they beat us at their home pool last year,” said Iowa State senior Katie Vollhaber. “We will be fighting for that edge to see who can be the better team. They definitely are neck-and-neck with us, so I think that it will be a good meet.”

“We aren't concerning ourselves with winning or losing,” said Kansas coach Clark Campbell. “What we want to do is perform to our standard of excellence. We want to be confident. The [meet] will be about performing to our standards and if we do that, good things will come from it.”