In addition to being a fun event for fans to catch a preview of the 2016-2017 Jayhawks, Late Night in the Phog has also been a useful tool for recruits.

It’s proved successful in the past, with commits from visitors like Carlton Bragg, Kelly Oubre, Perry Ellis, Wayne Selden, Ben McLemore and Joel Embiid, among others.

This year is one of the biggest crowds of recruits Kansas has had in a while.

“We probably have too many coming,” Kansas coach Bill Self said. “But that’s kind of how it worked out. But more importantly than the five or so we have coming officially, we’re going to have many unofficial visits too. It’ll be a busy weekend."

The list so far consists of Troy Brown, Billy Preston, Collin Sexton, Tremont Waters and Cody Riley. There are also numerous members of the 2018 and 2019 recruiting class attending, including Bol Bol, Brandon Williams, Immanuel Quickley, Matthew Hurt, Jeremiah Robinson, Zach Harvey, Markese Jacobs and Grant Sherfield.

The list is long, but the top five seem to be as listed below.

Collin Sexton – Five-star PG (Class of 2017)

Ranked seventh in the class of 2017, Sexton is known for his scoring ability and his ability to “anticipate a bad pass and turn it into points,” according to ESPN.

Bol Bol – Five-star PF (Class of 2018)

Son of late NBA player Manute Bol, the Bishop Miege star stands at 6’11” and has been linked to Kansas for a quite a while now, according to 24/7Sports' Crystal Ball predictions. He ranks 12th in the class of 2018 and is ranked as the 6th best power forward, according to 247sports.com.

Immanuel Quickley – 5-star PG (Class of 2018)

Quickley is the newest addition to the Late Night recruit list. Quickley sits at number 16 nationally and is regarded as the third best point guard in the class according to 24/Sports. At 6’3," Quickley is known for his size, passing ability and outside shot.

Matthew Hurt – 5-star F (Class of 2019)

It’s difficult to evaluate a prospect who’s still three years away from playing at the collegiate level, but Hurt seems to be highly regarded. He’s ranked fourth nationally and is considered the second best small forward. He has the height to play either forward position at 6’9," but his play on offense looks a lot more like a traditional small forward.

Grant Sherfield – 5 star SG (Class of 2019)

Kansas offered Sherfield a scholarship back in July which shows how highly the coaching staff thinks of him. He's ranked 19th nationally and second in shooting guards. Sherfield isn’t as highly touted in his ranking but his play is visually similar to current Kansas guard Frank Mason’s use of floaters and driving to the hoop to create open passes.

Here's the breakdown of other recruits coming.

Troy Brown — SF, Class of 2017, 6’6”, 210 lbs., ESPN’s No. 18

Billy Preston — PF, Class of 2017, 6’10”, 230 lbs., ESPN’s No. 20

Tremont Waters — PG, Class of 2017, 5’11”, 165 lbs., ESPN’s No. 32

Cody Riley — PF, Class of 2017, 6’7”, 260 lbs., ESPN’s No. 45

Brandon Williams — PG, Class of 2018, 6’1”, 175 lbs., ESPN’s No. 14

Jeremiah Robinson — PF, Class of 2019, 6’7”, 205 lbs., No. 54

Zach Harvey — G, Class of 2019, 6’4”, 170 lbs., 247sports’ No. 43

Markese Jacobs — PG, Class of 2019, 5’10”, 155 lbs., 247sports No. 71