Volleyball vs. Missouri-14

The team celebrates after winning 27-25 in the final game. Kansas plays in San Diego in the Sweet Sixteen.

Postseason awards continue to rack up for the No. 9 Kansas Jayhawks. On Tuesday, the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) released its regional awards. Kansas is in the AVCA's Midwest Region.

Four Jayhawks were named to the AVCA All-Midwest Team.

Coach Ray Bechard was selected as AVCA All-Midwest Coach of the Year. This is the third time over the past four years Bechard earned a regional coach of the year award. He won the award in 2012 and 2013. 

Three Kansas players — sophomore setter Ainise Havili, sophomore right side hitter Kelsie Payne and junior middle blocker Tayler Soucie — were selected to the AVCA All-Midwest First Team.

Kansas had the most players named to the All-Midwest Team. Missouri State had two of its players make the cut. Other Big 12 players who made the cut included Kansas State's Katie Brand and Iowa State's Caitlin Nolan. Iowa State's Jess Schaben made the AVCA All-Midwest Second Team and won the Freshman of the Year award for the region.

This is Havili's second time being tabbed to the team. Eight Jayhawks, counting Havili, Payne and Soucie, have been slated to an AVCA All-Regional team. They join the ranks of Chelsea Albers, Caroline Jarmoc, Josi Lima, Sara McClinton and Erin McNorton.

Havili is the third player in the history of the Kansas program to be slated to an All-Regional first team twice. She follows in the footsteps of Albers and Jarmoc.