Jake Scarrow_Badger Invitational

Then-sophomore Jake Scarrow competes in the Badger Invitational. Scarrow, now a senior, finished 6-over-par at the Shoal Creek Invitational in Birmingham, Alabama.

Kansas men’s golf concluded its fall season at the Ka’anapali Collegiate Classic in Lahaina, Hawaii, over the weekend.

Kansas entered the final round 4-under-par and tied for ninth place. It finished the day with a nine-stroke improvement to end the tournament 13-under-par as a team and finished 10th out of 20 teams.

Sophomore Harry Hillier shot a final round of 69, good enough for 2-under on the day, and finished at 6-under for the tournament and tied for 18th place. The top-20 finish was the fourth in Hillier’s young career.

Senior Jake Scarrow competed as an individual for the Jayhawks and also finished tied for 18th with a 6-under total after three days of competition.

The most success in the final round came from sophomore Ben Sigel and junior Andy Spencer, with both golfers shooting 4-under in the final round. Sigel finished in 33rd place at 3-under and Spencer finished tied for 26th with a 4-under-par.

Senior Charlie Hillier had one of his rougher outings on the season, shooting even par on the final day to finish at 2-over for the event. Redshirt sophomore Drew Shepard also struggled down in Hawaii but did finish strong. Shepard shot even par on the final day and would finish at 7-over par which was tied for 86th place.

Kansas coach Jamie Bermel liked how his team finished at the Ka’anapali classic.

"We played solid again today,” Bermel said, according to a Kansas Athletics press release. “We were very disappointed in our first-round performance, but really happy with the comeback the last two rounds. We were more focused and played with a lot of determination."

The Jayhawks were able to collect four top-5 finishes out of five events on the fall schedule, including a first-place finish at the Jackrabbit at the beginning of October.

Bermel was very pleased with how his team performed during the fall season and thought they had a lot of success.

"We had a solid fall, one win in a stroke play event and beat the No. 1-ranked team and defending national champion Oklahoma State in the Big 12 match event," Bermel said in the release. “We had a lot of positives but a lot of things we can improve on and get ready to do better in the spring."

The Jayhawks will take a break for the remainder of the year, with the spring season for Kansas starting up in 2019 at the Desert Intercollegiate in Palm Desert, California, on Feb. 22.