Harry Hillier

Sophomore Harry Hillier finished with a career high in the second day of the Wyoming Desert Intercollegiate.

A third-place finish at the Hawkeye Invitational in Iowa City, Iowa, gave Kansas men’s golf a fifth-straight top-five finish during the season. A final score of 13-under (839) solidified the Jayhawks' rank on the day.

Scoring 5-under (279) in the final round, Kansas captured sole possession of third.

"We played fairly solid today, but obviously not as well as Iowa and Illinois,” Kansas coach Jamie Bermel said, according to a Kansas Athletics news release. “There was more wind today and the course played more difficult."

Brothers senior Charlie Hillier and sophomore Harry Hillier had stellar performances on the last day of competition. As the Jayhawks' top competitor in the past three tournaments, Charlie recorded a score of 12-under (201), placing third on the individual leaderboard. Harry’s best round came Sunday as he carded a 70 (1-under) to put him in 29th place as an individual. He birdied three of eight holes, which allowed him to finish 2-under on the back nine.

Junior Andy Spencer was the second best individual for Kansas during competition, as he finished in 16th. He recorded a career high of six birdies on Sunday, finishing the tournament 3-under (210).

Heading into Big 12 competition, there are somethings the team needs to work on to keep up with the rigorous competition.

“We need to tighten up a few things before we head to Big 12's," Bermel said.

The Jayhawks will travel to White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia, to begin postseason play April 26-28. Entering the Big 12 Championship as the No. 7 seed, they will take on No. 8 Iowa State on day one.