Soccer vs. Grand Valley State

Junior Ceri Holland kicks the ball against Grand Valley State. The Jayhawks tied the Lakers 1-1 Saturday, Mar. 23.

Kansas soccer added another victory to its spring resume on Monday after a 7-0 drubbing of Sporting Blue Valley U14/15 boys.

A game that saw a plethora of different scorers for the Jayhawks, junior defender Eva Eliasdottir found the back of the net for the sixth time this season, scoring in the 6th minute.

Junior forward Katie McClure was also able to tack on her second goal of the spring off an assist from Eliasdottir in just the 12th minute of the game. The barrage of scoring is something that Kansas coach Mark Francis attributes to the simplicity the team played with.

"We scored some good goals tonight,” Francis said, according to a Kansas Athletics press release. “We've worked a lot on finishing and it's definitely paying off. This group (Sporting Blue Valley) was a lot more athletic."

"They had some bigger kids in there that made it a little more difficult but I thought the girls did a really good job keeping it simple," he continued. "We moved the ball really well today, created some good chances and obviously finished some of them really well.”

Four other players contributed to the Jayhawk scoring fest, including incoming freshman Samantha Barnett, sophomore Avery Hall, junior Mandi Duggan, and sophomore Ceri Holland. With so much that went right in the contest, Francis thinks that there are still things the Jayhawks can improve on going into the final week of the spring.

"Because we returned so many defenders, we've really focused a lot on the offensive part of the game this spring,” Francis said. “That was obviously something in the fall that was a little challenging for us at times. So we've spent a lot of time on it and I think it's starting to pay off."

The final game of the spring will be against UMKC on April 24th. Kickoff is set for 8 p.m.