Softball vs. OU

Junior infielder Becki Monaghan runs to third against Oklahoma University. The Jayhawks lost to the Sooners 8-0 Sunday April 14.

Kansas softball took on No. 12 Texas Tech on Saturday afternoon looking to claim a series victory in Lubbock, Texas. The Jayhawks were unable to recapture the magic they had in game one, falling to the Lady Raiders 4-1 on Saturday afternoon.

Offensively, the Jayhawks were shut down by the Lady Raiders as they were only able to muster four hits on the day and pushed across their only run of the ball game on a delayed double steal attempt in the seventh inning.

Senior outfielder Jennifer Marwitz got herself into a rundown between first and second base, allowing junior infielder Becki Monaghan to score from third base.

Senior Brynn Minor earned the start in the circle for Kansas and pitched effectively in the contest. She pitched six innings, allowing four runs on eight hits. She also walked two and struck out three.

Softball vs. Baylor-4.jpg

Senior pitcher Brynn Minor pitches the ball against Baylor.

Minor was able to work around heavy damage in most of her innings, allowing only one run in the first, two runs in the fifth and one run in the sixth inning.

However, at the plate, Kansas never caught momentum. The team was only able to put runners on base in the second, third, fifth, and sixth innings.

The seventh was the only inning in which Kansas had more than one baserunner, where it was able to push across a single run, but nothing more.

The loss drops Kansas to 15-29 on the season and 3-9 in conference play.

The Jayhawks return home for their final home series of the season against the Texas Longhorns on Friday, with first pitch scheduled for 5 p.m.