vballvsKstate

Junior outside hitter Jada Burse spikes the ball on November 14th. K-State defeated the Jayhawks 3-2.

Kansas volleyball traveled to Fort Worth, Texas, to take on the TCU Horned Frogs on Saturday in the two teams' second meeting of this season. Although Kansas won the first matchup, the Jayhawks dropped the rematch by way of a sweep (20-25, 19-25, 16-25). 

For the Jayhawks, they would return to their offensive struggles on the road, hitting for only a .075 clip for the entire match. Although the defense stood tall with 10 total blocks over the three sets, it would prove to not be enough as the Horned Frogs hit for a .228 clip in the match. 

On the other side of the net, the Jayhawks performed better, recording 10 blocks and 27 digs for the match. This pursuit was led by junior libero Allie Nelson who had a team-high eight digs, also bringing her career total to 902. 

To open up play in the match, the Jayhawks and Horned Frogs kept the beginning set close, trading points all the way until a 19-19 tie. TCU caught a wave of momentum and scored six out of the next seven points to win 25-20.

Offensively, the Jayhawks were led by their best offensive piece in junior hitter Jada Burse, who snagged four kills in the set. 

The Horned Frogs took the second set, 19-25, due largely in part to TCU going on a run after it amassed a narrow 11-13 lead. Aside from the losing set, the Jayhawks tallied four blocks, assisted by a total of six different Jayhawks. 

In the final set of the match, the Horned Frogs were in full control, taking the set 25-16. After starting the match competitively, the Jayhawks seemed to be fatigued after giving up eight points early in the set. Following the run that led to a 16-10 lead for the Horned Frogs, they never looked back, closing out the set and match handily. 

Although Kansas lost the first of its last two road matches this season, the Jayhawks also lost sole possession of second place in the Big 12 conference to the Baylor Bears who now sit at a 10-5 record in conference play this season. 

The Jayhawks will head to Iowa State on Wednesday to face the Cyclones. First serve is set for 6:30 p.m.