Three undefeated teams remain in NCAA Division I volleyball, and Kansas is one of them.

Before the season started, Kansas had never been ranked higher than No. 17. The continued undefeated streak has reflected in the most recent American Volleyball Coaches Association, or AVCA, poll. Kansas (15-0, 3-0 Big 12) jumped up from No. 12 to No. 10.

Undefeated DI volleyball teams 
 Ranking Team Record 
 No. 1 Southern California  16-0
 No. 5 Arizona State 15-0
 No. 10 Kansas 15-0

Being undefeated at this point in the season is a difficult achievement, and the players are well aware of that. 

"It means a lot," sophomore outside hitter Madison Rigdon said of being undefeated. "It's incredible. It's unbelievable. We didn't expect it and it's surprising, but we've worked really, really hard for it."

On Monday, Rigdon was named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week after her performance against West Virginia. In that match, Ridgon tallied 11 kills and no errors, as well as two blocks and two digs against the Mountaineers.

"Madison has been an efficient and consistent player for us all season," coach Ray Bechard said in a news release. "She had great numbers last week, but she has also been someone we can count on night-in and night-out."

Rigdon is the third Kansas volleyball player to earn Big 12 awards this season. On Sept. 7, sophomore right side hitter Kelsie Payne earned the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week award. On Sept. 21, sophomore setter Ainise Havili earned the Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week award.

Next up for Kansas is Texas Tech (12-5) on Wednesday. Kansas is 7-0 on the road and 1-0 on the road against Big 12 opponents.

— Edited by Derek Skillett