Anderson serve

Maggie Anderson, a junior from Lincoln, Nebraska, serves the volleyball in the win over Duke. Anderson recorded two digs during the match. Alex Robinson/KANSAN

The regular season for No. 9 Kansas volleyball is drawing to a close. The Jayhawks have three more matches left before Selection Sunday for the NCAA Tournament on Nov. 29.

Up next for the Jayhawks is a road trip to Morgantown, W.Va., to face the West Virginia Mountaineers.

When West Virginia came to Lawrence in early October, a few games into the conference season, Kansas swept them in three sets.

Kansas was 15-0 then. West Virginia was 5-10.

Kansas has dropped two matches since the two schools last played. West Virginia has lost all 10. And every match with the exception of one was a sweep on their opponents' end.

West Virginia has yet to win a conference match. It's the only school in the Big 12 without a conference win.

Stat sheet

West Virginia registers last in the conference in all seven team statistics — hitting percentage, opponent hitting percentage, assists per set, kills per set, blocks per set, service aces per set and digs per set.

Kansas is first or second in each of those statistics, with the exception of digs per set, where Kansas ranks No. 4 in the Big 12.

Individually, four West Virginia players are on the top 10 charts in the Big 12 compared to Kansas' 13.

Awards roundup

The Academic All-Big 12 awards were released this week and six Jayhawks made the list. Junior setter Maggie Anderson, junior middle blocker Janae Hall, sophomore outside hitter Madison Ridgon, junior middle blocker Tayler Soucie and junior libero Cassie Wait were tabbed to the first team. Sophomore setter Ainise Havili was named to the second team.

Three West Virginia volleyball players — Gianna Gotterba, Morgan Montgomery and Hannah Shreve were named to the academic first team as well.

Match details

First serve between Kansas and West Virginia is at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 21.

— Edited by Maddie Farber