Kansas Volleyball

Outside hitter Tiana Dockery is congratulated after scoring a point against Texas on Oct. 14. Dockery had her best match of the season this weekend in Kansas’ win over the Baylor Bears in Waco, Tex.

The Kansas volleyball team will open up its season at the Arkansas Tournament on Aug. 28 and 29. Kansas faces Army, McNeese State and Arkansas over its two-day slate of matches.

All-time ledgers

Kansas and Army have never played against each other.

The Jayhawks lead the series against McNeese State 1-0. The only time the two teams have faced off was in 1993.

Kansas leads the series against Arkansas 5-4. Last time the Jayhawks and the Razorbacks faced off was in 2014, with Kansas coming out with the win.

Similar opponents

Kansas shares similar foes with McNeese State and Arkansas. 

Kansas plays Wyoming on Sept. 11, and McNeese State will face Wyoming a few days later on Sept. 18.

Arkansas squares off against Kansas State on Sept. 19. The Jayhawks play Kansas State on Sept. 23 and again on Nov. 25.

Last season

Out of the four teams at the tournament, Kansas fared the best last season.

Kansas posted a 22-9 record in 2014, going 6-4 in away matches and 4-2 on neutral courts.

Army had a record of 13-17, going 2-3 on neutral floors.

McNeese State went 15-17, with a 1-1 record on neutral courts.

Arkansas had a record of 15-16, with a 9-7 record at home.

Fast facts

Coach Ray Bechard is nearing another coaching milestone. Having surpassed 1,000-career match wins last season, he sits at 295 match wins at Kansas. He can get over 300 wins over the next two weekends. 

A Kansas connection appears on an opponent's roster — Rachel Gearon, Army sophomore middle blocker, is from Leawood.

— Edited by Colleen Hagan