womensbbvtexastech

Freshman guard Aniya Thomas prepares for her freethrow against Texas Tech. Kansas fell to Texas Tech 71-75 on Sunday, Feb. 17.

Playing for the third time in a span of just seven days, Kansas women’s basketball fell once again on Saturday, this time at the hands of the Oklahoma State Cowgirls by a score of 72-52, moving the Jayhawks to 2-14 in Big 12 play. 

The season spiraling to a rapid end, the Jayhawks were yet again unable to put out an adequate offensive performance. Kansas only had one player in double-figure scoring as freshman guard Aniya Thomas recorded 12 points.

Three other players had eight points while another two tacked on seven. However, the recurring glaring note for the Jayhawks was a miserable shooting percentage, as Kansas shot a measly 28 percent from the field, including a 4-of-17 mark from three. 

One positive to take away from the game was a perfect 10-of-10 from the free throw line for Kansas, something that the Jayhawks have struggled with up to this point. 

For the Cowgirls, Vivian Gray was having her way with the Kansas defense, collecting a game-high 26 points as well as tacking on eight rebounds to her performance.

On the boards, the Cowgirls were able to physically dominate, grabbing 47 team rebounds to Kansas’ 38. Sophomore center Bailey Helgren grabbed a Kansas team-high 10 rebounds, which ties her second highest total on the year.

The Jayhawks next game is against TCU Wednesday at Allen Fieldhouse. Tip off is set for 7 p.m.