Junior forward Dwight Coleby's performance was just what the Jayhawks needed to win agains Kentucky. His role on the court may continue to grow, with the indefinite suspension of Carlton Bragg Jr. 

Usually when two unheralded recruits go up against the best point guard and second-best shooting guard in their recruiting class, the latter comes out on top.

Just don't count out Kansas guards Frank Mason III and Devonte' Graham. 

The Kansas Jayhawks defeated the Kentucky Wildcats in Rupp Arena as part of the Big 12/SEC Challenge on Jan. 28. The Kansan takes you inside the Arena.

At one point, the Kansas Jayhawks were down by as many as 12 points to the Kentucky Wildcats. But valiant efforts from freshman guard Josh Jackson and senior guard Frank Mason helped boost the Jayhawks to victory. 

Kansas coach Bill Self doesn't want to revert to using a rare zone defense against Kentucky, but with an even shorter frontcourt rotation without sophomore forward Carlton Bragg, the Jayhawks may not have a choice.

Kansas vs. Kentucky: two of the most winningest programs in college basketball history face off in the Big 12/SEC Challenge. Kentucky has the home court advantage and two outstanding freshman, while Kansas has experienced upperclassmen and strong outside shooters. Who will win?

On Saturday, Jan. 28, the No. 2 Kansas Jayhawks take on the No. 4 Kentucky Wildcats in Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky. Both teams are coming off a recent loss and looking to make a comeback.

2016 Coverage

Before Saturday's game against Kentucky, the Kansan caught up with Kentucky Kernel sports editor Josh Ellis to talk about the upcoming game, Kentucky coach John Calipari leaving for the NBA and why Kentucky has struggled so much at various points.

Evan Riggs and Scott Chasen break down the top 25 matchup between Kansas and Kentucky on Saturday. They look at the probable starters for both teams and what will be the make or break individual match-ups in the game.

Stay in the loop

Get our top stories sent right to your inbox.

View previous campaigns.

kubbal

120 Years of Kansas Basketball

kubbal

Retired Jerseys