Bill Self speaks with a referee in Bramlage Coliseum

Coach Bill Self speaks to the referee during Kansas' game against Kansas State. The Jayhawks defeated the Wildcats 62-58 Saturday, Feb. 29.

The NCAA delivered its reply to Kansas men's basketball and its response to the notice of allegations regarding potential violations in the program, Seth Davis of CBS Sports reported via Twitter

Kansas received its Notice of Allegations  from the NCAA on Sept. 23, 2019. It included alleged Level 1 violations and cited a "lack of institutional control." It also mentioned a secondary violation between the football program and former coach David Beaty that involved uses extra coach during a practice.

Kansas responded to the notice of allegations on March 5. The response  defended coach Bill Self and the entire Kansas men’s basketball staff. The response said there was no conclusion that members of campus and men’s basketball staff knew or should have known about NCAA violations.

Kansas released the following statement Thursday on the NCAA's reply

“The NCAA enforcement staff’s reply does not in any way change the University of Kansas’ position that the allegations brought against our men’s basketball program are simply baseless and littered with false representations. As the federal trial proved, adidas employees intentionally concealed impermissible payments from the University and its coaching staff. The University has never denied these impermissible payments were made. For the NCAA enforcement staff to allege that the University should be held responsible for these payments is a distortion of the facts and a gross misapplication of NCAA Bylaws and case precedent. In addition, the enforcement staff’s assertion that KU refuses to accept responsibility is wrong. The University absolutely would accept responsibility if it believed that violations had occurred, as we have demonstrated with other self-reported infractions. Chancellor Girod, Jeff Long and KU stand firmly behind Coach Self, his staff and our men’s basketball program, as well as our robust compliance program.”

This is a developing story and will be updated with further information.